When all the people around you start planning their summer holidays, you don’t feel envy…you feel panic: you are the one who has to manage time off requests in the company and that can be a nightmare. Hold on and relax because even at this point of the year, you still have time to easily manage time off requests for your summer holidays like a pro, without making any mistakes.
Forget the Excel. Move to Factorial for a smarter time off request management for your summer holidays
We know that making the decision to use our online software for holiday management and employee absences will save you a lot of headaches. In a boxing match, Factorial would win all rounds against Excel because we can…
- Centralise all the time off requests in the same place, automatically updated by our software.
- Accept or deny time off requests in one click. The rest is done automatically.
- Check the number of holidays remaining for each employee easily.
Just in case you want to stick to the old school way, you can download excel template to manage time off requests.
Decentralise the time off management
Another advantage of Factorial’s HR management software is that you can establish who’s responsible for accepting or denying requests for summer holidays for each team or employee.
Not only will this free up time, but it also means that each team leader has more control in order to redistribute time and effort of each member of the team to a project. So, indirectly, by decentralising and providing a dynamic tools for time off management you are also facilitating the day-to-day of middle managers. On the other hand, this also has a positive impact on the different departments.
Rules for the company related to managing requests for summer holidays
Technology is very useful, but only if you have established rules and conditions, so employees know what their rights are when requesting holidays. These simple rules will help you to manage and control time efficiently.
The Human Resources department must define the rules regarding holidays. The type of activity, the number of employees and the schedules will impact in this regulation and will make it unique for each organization. Although we can help you with aspects that you should always consider:
- In the contract or agreement both parts state the holiday allowance, this should not be less than 30 calendar days (including weekends).
- When will the employees be able to request holidays? In small companies, for example, it is possible that they close two weeks in August so employees may be forced to take holidays during those days. There is also the case of companies in which summer vacations can`t take place in July, August or September. Or maybe there will be total freedom to request days or half days of rest throughout the year. Everyday companies are betting more on flexibility, is that your case?
- Another aspect to agree in advance in order to simplify the time off request process is the time in advance that in which an employee request holidays.
What rules do you apply in your company? How did you define them and how did you share them with the team? Using Factorial HR you can share this information transparently with all the members of the team and receive real time feedback.
And if you want to let your team take control of the time off management, each employee will have access to your Employee Portal in order to request summer holidays or time off leaves. You will receive an email each time an employee creates a request.