Download Your Free 360 Degree Feedback Template
🎉 Get your hands on the ultimate 360 degree feedback template (Excel) for managers!
Collating 360-degree feedback is a tried and tested method of measuring employee performance. By sourcing constructive feedback from managers, peers and direct reports, you can construct a more accurate picture of an employee's performance while strengthening team accountability.
Using the same template across your business to standardise the process can save time, limit bias and ensure everyone is offered the same development opportunities!
This free template provides a framework for your feedback. Employees can rank 1-5 against both core skills and tasks. The sheet will then automatically determine in which areas the reviewee requires training.
What is 360 Degree Feedback?
360 degree feedback is a comprehensive performance evaluation method that gathers feedback from multiple perspectives to provide individuals with a well-rounded view of their strengths, areas for improvement, and blind spots. Unlike traditional top-down appraisals, which typically involve feedback from a supervisor or manager or direct report, 360 degree feedback incorporates input from various sources, including peers, direct reports, supervisors, and even customers.
Typically, this type of performance appraisal is measured and delivered using around 7-12 raters, whose responses are kept anonymous. These multi-raters may be all or a selection of the following people:
Why Use a 360 Degree Feedback Template?
Our Excel template will speed up 360 degree feedback process and turbocharge the growth of the employee receiving feedback. By splitting employee feedback into categories and standardising performance reviews, this free feedback form facilitates:
- Comprehensive Assessment: By capturing a well-rounded view, you gain a deeper understanding of your strengths, areas for improvement, and blind spots.
- Balanced Feedback: A balanced perspective helps you identify patterns and trends, allowing you to make informed decisions and prioritise your development efforts effectively.
- Increased Self-Awareness: By comparing your self-perception with others' perceptions, you gain valuable insights into how your behaviour, interpersonal skills, and communication skills are perceived by different stakeholders.
- Professional Development / Employee Development: This template provides you with a roadmap to focus on your strengths, address development areas, and set achievable goals.
Conducting a 360 Degree Review: Step-by-Step Guide
A more effective way to gather 360 degree feedback and manage an employee's performance is to use a performance review tool to digitise and centralise the entire performance management process. However, if this isn't possible at your company, you can follow these steps to streamline your performance review and feedback process:
- Define Objectives: Clearly outline the purpose of the review. Identify the competencies or behaviours you wish to assess and establish measurable goals for the process.
- Select Participants: Choose other team members who can provide valuable feedback and regularly interact with the reviewed person. This typically includes peers, direct reports, supervisors, and even customers.
- Communicate and Gain Buy-In: The employee's manager should explain the purpose, process, and confidentiality of the 360-degree review to all participants involved. Ensure everyone understands the importance of their input and that anonymous feedback should be constructive and objective.
- Customise the Template: Download our free 360 Degree Feedback Template and tailor it to suit your needs. Add or remove questions as necessary to align with your objectives and desired outcomes.
- Collect Feedback: Distribute the survey to the selected participants and have each employee complete each question, ensuring confidential feedback. Encourage honest and thoughtful responses to maximise the effectiveness of the review.
- Analyse Results: Compile the feedback data and identify common themes, patterns, and areas of improvement. Use the template's built-in analysis tools or export the data to other analysis software for a comprehensive evaluation.
- Provide Feedback and Set Goals: Facilitate a feedback session to share the results with the reviewed person. Use the template's reporting features to present the feedback in a clear and actionable manner. Collaboratively establish development goals and action plans to drive growth.
Frequently Asked Survey Questions in a Traditional Performance Review
Our 360 Degree Feedback Template leaves space to choose your own closed and open-ended questions, such as:
- How effectively does the individual communicate with others?
- To what extent does the individual demonstrate leadership skills?
- How well does the individual handle conflict and provide constructive feedback?
- Does the individual effectively prioritise tasks and manage time?
- To what degree does the individual collaborate and foster teamwork?
- Does the individual demonstrate adaptability and resilience in challenging situations?
- How well does the individual develop and mentor others?
- Does the individual display a commitment to continuous learning and personal development?
- How effectively does the individual handle pressure and stress?
- Does the individual demonstrate a strong commitment to the organisation's goals and values?
- How strong are the individual's problem-solving skills?